Monday, September 17, 2012

Not sure if it's a good thing...

I think it is.

The elementary school called today while I was in the shower.  So when we walked my youngest to the afternoon kindergarten, we stopped in the office to see if the secretary knew about the phone call.  She went to ask the school nurse and we hear, "Just the person I wanted to talk to."  It was the wonderful principal.  She is a sweetheart and I absolutely adore her.  Every time she says she needs the speak with me, it takes me back to being in trouble in high school.  Panic set in, but I hid it, secretly hoping my boys didn't do something again to get in trouble.

She explained that she Lower Allen is starting their accelerated kindergarten program, and she'd like to put Tobyn in it.  So starting Monday she is going to start going all day instead of a couple of hours in the afternoon.

I wasn't sure if it meant that she was slightly delayed (her brother's are and in special ed for part of the day) or she is advanced...a good friend said that is what they did with his daughter, and she is advanced.  There is a meeting Thursday for all the details...

Either way, I think it will be a good thing for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment