Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bottling shit up....

So I just realized Kris and I have two different approaches to life.  Kris, when something annoys him, he smiles through it.  No one knows something bothering him.  Then as his other (or whatever you want to call me) I can read his subtle signs, which usually when I ask what's wrong....the beast is unleashed...

I, however, can't hold shit in and just smile.  I'm not an asshole and make everyone unhappy when the tiniest thing bothers me, but I address the situation.  I grew up in a household that was verbally explosive.  If a member of my household growing up was pissed off, everyone knew it.  Abusive, hurtful things were always said out anger.

Some of the things I remember hearing were:
My mom was sick  of teenage rebellious behaviors, and she told me that she doubted that I was my father's child, because my birth mother was a 'slut.'
My sister would wished I'd get raped and murdered, because I was an 'asshole bitch'.

I try not be that harsh in my rage, but every once in a while, that horrible beast is woken.  I found though when I getting to that point, what I wish or say happens, usually happens.  An example of that (and not the only one) was when I was in high school, I told a girl to shoot herself because no one liked her when she picked a fight because "I stole her boyfriend."  She shot herself that night.

She made me learn to not run my mouth unless I mean it.

I wonder though, which way is better?  Bottle it up, and slowly destroy yourself, or offend or hurt the ones around?

Ideally a mixture would be best, but how do you figure out which battles to choose wisely?

No comments:

Post a Comment