Sunday, September 23, 2012

I have been busy writing my sequel to Six Degrees Away From Death.  We have 5 kids here, and this is the first time I can remember where we had enough food, things for the monsters to do.  We have started eating dinner as a family and the kids don't have tv at bedtime.  I am loving the changes at home....I feel comfortable, even in my own fucked up skin.  I have to remember to not take the little things for granted.

I tossed Kris something, and my throwing has steadily improved.  He said about how good I am doing, and then he asked the million dollar question, How much better would I be if we would have quit shooting heroin much sooner?

Ya know, I never really thought about it.  I like to avoid the what if type questions.  I hated therapy, so after a couple of months, I quit.  I was still into dope at the time, and now I wonder if the addiction affected my outlook.

The thing I have to remind myself, don't dwell on the past.  Things are the way they are for a reason....Even if you don't believe in god.  The only thing I can do if work for a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment