Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Monster's Elementary School Princpal

Most parents of this generation have someone at their child's school, that they butt head's with, whether it is a principal, teacher, coach, or whoever. I almost home schooled my kids because I hated school.  Socially I am "retarded" (don't take offense...)  and so having Autistic twin boys, I wasn't eager to throw them into the social "pool."

Last school year was the boys first year.  They were in half-day kindergarten. I was still in my heroin addiction, and a piece of shit as a parent.  Their teachers and principal were amazing, and I never knew if they new my dirty little secret. 

This year I'm clean.  My little princess started half day kindergarten, and in the beginning of the school year she kindly greeted Joey and I.

She asked how I am doing, and I told her about Six Degrees Away From Death, and explained that I am an addict in recovery, so things are going well. 

She congratulated me, and we went on with the day.

A little over a week later she asked ME about putting Tobyn in accelerated all day kindergarten.

Friday Tobyn was sent home early, since she was sick. Over the weekend, she spread the cold, and between the change of season, the cold he caught over the weekend, and his asthma, my Shannon Banana, is feeling like Hell. 


I kept him home Monday and Tuesday, just to make sure he was well enough.  It's nothing I haven't dealt with before, and if I felt like he should see a doctor, I'd find a ride to the doctor.

Two days ago, Ms. Trevino, called me and said that she knows that me getting a ride to his doctor is hard for me, so if I feel like he needs to go, and I don't have a ride, call  her at the school and she will help me find a way  to get us there.

I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment