Friday, October 26, 2012

Damn Heroin!

I rarely ever hop on my In The Rooms account anymore.  That site helped me when I first decided to quit heroin.  I hop on and check messages, but today I had the time to check on some of my friends.   Sadly two of them lost their battles with addiction. Kieth2Tired and Jesse.

When I first stopped I struggled with desires, and Keith talked me of the ledge a few times.  He was around my age, and the father to 3 young children.  I worry for those children.  Losing a parent is rough let alone when it was their own destructive behaviors.  I knew he was struggling, but last time we talked, he was leaving for rehab.....

He died shortly after the anniversary of his brother's overdose...

Damn.....

Then Jesse....sweet Jesse. He was  young, at least younger than me.  I figured he relapsed when he quit talking to me on the site.  It wasn't just him ignoring me, he never was on.  His brother died of an OD.  I keep thinking it was his twin, but I could be wrong.

As a mother to twin boys, my biggest fear is losing one of the twins.  Not because of my loss, but for the twin left behind.  My heart breaks for their moms.

Either way, FUCK heroin. Two great people that were just lost in addiction...GONE!  Two great people that will never know that life does get better....after you truly get clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment