Sunday, August 19, 2012

Taking Life For Granted...

I always heard saying like, "Stop and smell the roses." And, "It's the little things."

It took me almost dying to realize what those little sayings meant.  In life you have those OOOOHHHH!!! moments, and I remember sitting in Select and having that moment.  

Even before I selfishly became an addict, I was rushing through life, not appreciation the little things. In my addiction, I lost myself, and was incapable of appreciating anything especially the small things.  

Walking.  Watching My Kids Grow up. Friendships.  Ability to Drive. Smiling until my Cheeks Hurt.  Working on Cars.  Shooting My Guns.  Shopping without assistance.  Talking On the Phone. Jumping on our Trampoline. Going to the bathroom AND bathing at will.  Hiking In the Woods.

The list is endless.

In recovery, I have learned what those sayings mean, and have made an effort to use them in my daily life.

I am a better person for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment