Sunday, August 5, 2012

A little about me...

I am 29 years old.  I am legally married, but am separated from my husband. He's a wonderful man, just not the right "one" for me.   I am the proud mother of Autistic Identical Twin Boys and a beautiful little girl. 

At one of the lowest points in my life, I became a heroin addict.  After I almost died, I ended up having Ataxia and Dysarthria. I spent almost the entire year after I came home from the hospital in my active addiction.

I decided to get sober, and I learned that sober relationships are harder to maintain than a heroin addiction.  After getting clean from crack and heroin, I decided that wheelchair bound or not, I deserve to create new dreams.   

I decided to write a story Six Degrees Away From Death.  I am currently writing the sequel now and in the final phase of editing.  

I want to become a published author, and use my books as a stepping stone to become a motivational speaker to teens.  I feel in my heart, that if I can stop even one child from picking up for the first time, my mistakes will be worth it.

I am going to blog about the pathway to reaching my dreams, my life and sobriety, and occasionally vent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment