Thursday, December 6, 2012

What if?

When something bad happens to me, I accept it for what it is.  Life goes on...you know all those cliche sayings that all seem to have an ounce of truth in them.  As shitty as things get, I always say, "Well tomorrow will be better."

Kris and I were having a discussion, and he said the night that I almost died, it was going to be one of us.  He said he thinks it was me because I could handle it.  He said if it was him, he'd be a mess.  Out of the two of us, he thinks I am the stronger one out us.

Everyone always says about how strong I am.  I don't consider myself strong.  Yes I am a survivor, but I don't think that takes strength.  I am just too stubborn to give up on myself.  I keep trucking....how can I not?  What good does sitting feeling sorry for yourself? Yes, the first year, when I was still using, I felt sorry for myself...and that bullshit year was the worst year of my life.

What if I handle things differently?  Would I still be here, using?

The saying is: Things happen for a reason. 

I can't take life for granted anymore, and I have to make my negative experiences, and make them positive ones....hell, if everyone would do that, or even just attempt to, the world would be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment